Friday, 3 February 2017

Love Poem

A poem about loving someone who can't always love you back #mentalhealthawareness

When his eyes are painted with candy-floss,
sugar strands unravelling onto his cheeks.
When he shrinks to half of a giant,
a spine curving around the moon.
When he peers at the carpet's constellations,
I know that I feel love.

When he sinks over the crinkled bed,
solemn like an astray nymph.
When his feet tiptoe to the past,
flinching under himself to avoid the lava.
When his knees clutch his fallen chin,
I know that I feel love.

When his song translates to a broken windmill,
intermittent breeze barely a finger on his nape.
When his soul is swept down a tranquil stream,
a hum of protest lost under the trickle.
When his mind is a quick-step but his body is on pause,
I know that I feel love.

When he floats past the hands that will always save him.
When he doesn't speak but whispers my name.
When he can’t see yet trudges into arms like grapevines.
I know that I'm in love.


No one can be an island

No comments:

Post a Comment